NT is seeking a talented and ambitious Real-Time Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to jump in to most projects.
In this role you will design and develop real-time application software for our aerospace programs: command and control systems, sensor and data fusion, sensors integration and simulations.
In this role other duties may include:
- Project Management
- Participating in project estimates, proposals, planning, organizing, and status reporting
- Requirements analysis
- Software and System architecture and design
- Software implementation
- Software Integration
- Lab and End User testing
- Problem diagnosis/resolution.
This individual will be responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions through reasoned application of information technology. The Software Engineer designs, develops, and documents overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software.
- Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs for aerospace applications
- Contributes through vision and has significant impact on future technologies and strategy
- This individual is a key contributor on infrastructure services and/or strategies that require complex or advanced conceptualization.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electric Engineering, or the equivalent
- 3+ years of software development/programming experience using C++
- Experience with object-oriented software design
- Experience in Software Requirements definition and management as well as Software Design using CAE tools (Visual Paradigm or Enterprise Architect)
- Experience in Software and Design Documentation and god knowledge of UML
- Commitment to customer satisfaction, performance excellence, teamwork, and process improvement
- Adaptive to change and successful in dealing with ambiguity and new challenges in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Professional English spoken and written
- Experience in real-time software development that includes design development through integration test phases
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems
- Prior avionics software development
- Professional French